Dogs are not just simply a man’s best friend but also a member of the family. No wonder why dog lovers usually get affected once their pet is inflicted with any disease or sickness. So, how much more if their dog gets cancer?
The ratio of this possibility is that one out of four dogs will likely to have cancer. Therefore, the knowledge on canine cancer symptoms is very important so as not to make the condition severe.
Just like humans, dog cancer is one of the leading causes of death in older dogs especially for those who are over ten years old. Although an alarming 50% of dog mortalities are accounted for this, it could be prevented once the dog cancer symptoms are known and treated right away. So what are these symptoms? Basically, these will depend on its type.
1. Vomiting, diarrhea and loss of weight are often associated with the commonly occurring abdominal cancer. Canine owners should also observe for swollen abdomen that continuously growing.
2. Cancer in the breast on the other hand is usually frequent with unsprayed six-month old female dogs that generally in heat every six months. The first sign would be a swollen mammary gland. Female dogs that were spayed before their first heat cycle are usually prone to the development of mammary tumors.
3. For male dogs, testicular cancer would be the case especially for unneutered ones. Thus, neutered male dogs have less or no chances of having such condition.
4. Another type of cancer is lymphoma, which could be lethal as it affects the immune system. Common signs include swollen lymph nodes, lack of appetite and lethargic condition.
5. Osteosarcoma as the name implies is a bone cancer that commonly inflicts large breed dogs. This usually grows at the site where a prior injury has occurred and it will burrow deeply into the bones that will lead to excruciating pain.
6. Lastly, the most common of them all is skin cancer. So check out for unusual and fast growing lumps.
You must have observed that the common denominator for these different types of cancer is the appearance of lumps. Therefore, be cautious with it especially the fast growing ones. You could also check if the lumps feel as though it is connected with the tissue underneath; or it has an unusual color and irregular shape.
Aside from lumps, be observant if your pet has non-healing sores, presence of blood in the urine or stool, changes in appetite, weight loss and abdominal discomfort. Other canine cancer symptoms could also include vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, coughing, breathing difficulty, limping limb and body odor or bad breath.
Although these canine cancer symptoms seem to be a usual illness, care and prevention is better than cure. Just to take extra precaution, dealing with it from the manifestation of symptoms is really important. One best way to deal with it is by giving your pet dog a supplement such as ES Clear. These supplements will hasten the healing period; boost the immune system and aid in promoting a health living of your dog. Knowing all these canine cancer symptoms, then why wait and prolong the agony?